I am about the release by E mail the first issue of the season of the Guide to Chodosh. Last year it was available in two forms, as an unformatted text file, and as a fully formatted PDF file. This newsletter that you are reading is being distributed by a Majordomo E mail service that the JIF was kind enough to allow me to use on an ongoing basis. I have had no problem distributing the unformatted version to be available by automatic Majordomo response by E mail. However, I have not been able to figure out if and how it is possible to distribute the PDF file the same way. Apparently the PDF file has some non-ASCII symbols that are getting lost. Therefore, last year I was stuck with having to respond individually to each request for the PDF file by sending a return E mail with the file attached. This is very time consuming and inconvenient. Can anyone suggest how the Majordomo can be programmed to handle the PDF with the normal "put" and "get" commands, or of an other more convenient way of distributing the PDF file.

I am very much aware of the fact that the easiest way to do what I want is to put it up on a Web site. I have had several people who were kind enough to offer me the use of Web sites and help to implement this. However, I have received a psak halacha NOT to use a Web site. That leaves me looking for alternate methods of making the Guide available by E mail instead.

Any useful advice would be appreciated.

Kesiva vechasima tova
Yoseph Herman