Several bakeries, pizza shops and other estalishments may be forced to
discontinue producing Yoshon at this time, unexpectedly.

Over the last few weeks the price of wheat has skyrocketed.  Bakery flour has
nearly trippled in price. As a result, at least one of the smaller distributors
of Yoshon flour has canceled his contract and has abruptly stopped delivering
Yoshon flour to the bakeries he was supposed to supply. It appears that most
supplies of Yoshon flour are still being continued. At this point we do not
know how wide spread is this problem. We don't know how many bakeries in the
New York area are being forced to cancel their Yoshon service at this time. We
also do not know what effect this new development has elsewhere in the country.

We are urging mashgichim and consumers to check with their local bakeries,
pizza shops, etc to confirm that their Yoshon service is continuing
uninterrupted. When you do inquire, ask the owner of the establishment, not the
clerk behind the counter..

Please let me know via the Hot Line or email the name, address and phone of any
establishment that you discover is stopping their Yoshon service. I hope to
issue further bulletins in the near future.

Yoseph Herman