*CHODOSH BULLETIN-15 Jun 09*

*From the Guide to Chodosh-Y. Herman*

*Chodosh telephone Hot Line 718-305-5133, email yher...@yahoo.com <mailto:yher...@yahoo.com>*

* *

*THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY FOR MASHGICHIM WHO PROVIDE SUPERVISION OF YOSHON*

* *

The new Chodosh season will start with oats becoming Chodosh at the end of July or early August. Wheat and barley may be Chodosh shortly after the start of August. I would like to ask you to urgently forward to me a list of all products and establishments for which you provide Yoshon hashgocho for the upcoming season. I need this by mid July to make sure that up-to-date and accurate information is passed on to the Yoshon consumer in the first issue of the Guide to Chodosh.

You may forward this information to me in one of several ways:

- Email to yher...@yahoo.com <mailto:yher...@yahoo.com>

- Fax to 845-356-5999

- By US mail to Y. Herman, 20 Sylvan Road, Monsey, NY 10952

- By recording a message on the Chodosh Hot Line, 718-305-5133.

A few months ago, I sent out the revised issue of the Mashgiach’s Guide to Chodosh and Yoshon by mail to many mashgichim and hashgocho organizations. (See details about this Guide below.) If you did not receive it and want a printed copy (instead of the email version that is available), please contact me.

Thank you and tizku l’mitzvos

Yoseph Herman

   MASHGIACH’S GUIDE TO CHODOSH AND YOSHON IS AVAILABLE

The Mashgiach’s Guide to Chodosh and Yoshon has been updated and is now available by email or US surface mail. The regular Guide to Chodosh is aimed at consumers. It contains names of foods and establishments and tries to provide guidance about which are Yoshon and which are not. Conversely, the Mashgiach’s Guide contains almost no specific brand name information. Rather, it provides detailed technical information to help the mashgiach provide hashgochos for Yoshon. You are welcome to download a copy of the Mashgiach’s Guide by sending a blank email to ONE of the following addresses:

mashgi...@sefer.org

mashgi...@moruda.com <mailto:mashgi...@moruda.com>

Printed copies of this Guide are available. Rabbonim and mashgichim can request that a copy be mailed to them free of charge via US surface mail by providing their full mailing address by either (1) sending an email request, or (2) recording a message on the Chodosh Hot Line 718-305-5133, or (3) sending a written request to Y. Herman 20 Sylvan Road, Monsey, NY 10952 (make sure that you include a note with your full address and the request for the Mashgiach’s Guide.)

Those who are not rabbonim or mashgichim may order a copy of this Guide by sending $1 plus their full name and address to Y. Herman, 20 Sylvan Road, Monsey, NY 10952

chodosh-subscr...@jif.org.il <mailto:chodosh-subscr...@jif.org.il>

Those who have subscribed last year to the email distribution list do not need to renew this email subscription.