Before python 2.5, a try block could not have both an except and finally
block.  (See
http://docs.python.org/reference/compound_stmts.html#the-try-statement).

In pre-2.5 python, you can get around this using two nested try blocks.

try:
  try:
    blah()
  except:
    yada()
finally:
  something()

So there are two ways to resolve this:  Use a newer version of python, or
change the code to use two nested try blocks.

Sam