Or sending an email to the WhatWG (wha...@lists.whatwg.org).  Unfortunately,
things are tightening up on the HTML 5 spec.  I think this might be too big
of a change to get in at this point.
Anyhow, I've heard arguments both ways.  Some people think we should not let
the standards keep us from experimenting (and then raising the topics with
the standards group later) and some people think it's better to bring up the
idea and formalize all the details first.  Personally, I'm more in the
second camp, I don't think there's any harm in prototyping something up and
using it as a vehicle for discussion.