We've been using Valgrind to find memory leaks, pointer errors, and race
conditions in Chromium on Mac and Linux for a while now.
(See the valgrind bots at http://build.chromium.org.)
That's cool, but it would be even cooler if we actually fixed the
problems Valgrind has found.  According to
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list?q=valgrind
we've fixed 24 Valgrind issues already, but there are 60 still open.

So let's do something about it!  The first step is for you to visit
 http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/using-valgrind
and learn about how to use Valgrind to find problems in Chromium.

A few Chromium developers (playmobil, jhawkins, thestig, and myself)
are going to host a Valgrind Fixit this Wednesday and Thursday,
May 13th and 14th.  We'll be available on the chromium irc channel
(irc.freenode.net/#chromium) to help you get started using Valgrind
with Chromium.  The page linked above also has suggestions for
what to do during the Fixit.  (For instance, be sure to put a note
in the bug report saying you've started fixing the bug, so nobody
else duplicates your effort.)

As incentive for people to help out, we will send a Valgrind mug to
whoever contributes the best Valgrind-related fixes, bug reports,
and/or triage during those two days (winner will be chosen at the
discretion of the valgrind fixit judging panel).

Thanks, and see you at the Fixit!
- Dan

p.s. And thanks to Julian Seward of http://valgrind.org for providing
such a wonderful tool!