I'll add the dependencies I was complaining about :)

John just came by with some questions, so in the interests of sharing
information more widely, here's the executive summary for adding
dependencies you notice missing:

   - There's no distinction in gyp between build-time and run-time
   dependencies.
   - If a target needs something built by another target at build time *or*
   run-time, it needs to be added to the (a) 'dependencies' section of the
   relevant target's dictionary.
   - You refer to another target as a dependency just by name if it's in the
   same .gyp file:

'dependencies': [
  'other_target',
],

Or by filename.gyp:target if it's in another .gyp file:

'dependencies': [
  '../other/other.gyp:other_target',
],

   - Other .gyp file names are always specified relative to the .gyp file
   you're in.
   - If the dependency is only applicable to a single platform (Windows) it
   needs to go down in a conditions section, usually towards the bottom of the
   target's dictionary:

'conditions': [
  ['OS=="win"', {
    'dependencies': [
      '../other/other.gyp:other_target',
    ],
  }],
],

   - Yes, navigating the nested dictionaries and lists can drive you a
   little bonkers.

Don't hesitate to ask for help or ask questions.

        --SK