2009/7/6 Rosail Davis <sitan2...@sina.com>:
> >From the main waterfall, the experimental link takes to you the fyi one.
>>The fyi waterfall lists the bots that we run, but don't close the tree for.
>
> The bots on main waterfall are critical bots, the bots on fyi waterfall are
> not so importan, right?
>
> Well, how do you judge whether a bot should be included in main or fyi? Can
> you give me an example?

For example, when we were just starting the Linux port, we wanted to
know what the status was, but it was often in a state of being broken,
not building, crashing tests, etc.  We wanted to know this, but we
didn't want normal developers to worry about it, or to close the tree
over it.  Most of things in FYI eventually make it to the main
dashboard after they become stable enough, etc.

Some things that are less critical for every change list, like code
coverage, will probably never make the main waterfall.