On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 2:04 AM, John Abd-El-Malek<j...@chromium.org> wrote:
> I have a leak after a check-in.  I tried following the instructions on my
> Linux box, but couldn't (I hardly develop on Linux).
>
> jabdelma...@jabdelmalek:/usr/local/google/chrome/src$ sh
> tools/valgrind/chrome_tests.sh  --generate_suppressions -t ui
>
> chrome_tests.py: error: no such option: --generate_suppressions

Sorry 'bout that.  timurrrr and I neglected to update the doc after a recent
checkin.  I've updated the doc and will check in code to support
the missing option in case it's mentioned anywhere else we've missed.

> I had tried to follow the getting started instructions in installing and
> building valgrind from source so that it works in ui_tests, but the first
> line fails for me:
>
> jabdelma...@jabdelmalek:/usr/local/google/chrome/src$ sh autogen.sh
> sh: autogen.sh: No such file or directory

Ah, you forgot to cd to the valgrind source directory.  I've
updated that doc.  We should probably have a canned script to run.

Sorry this is hard.   We'll keep trying until it's easy.
- Dan