If reverting RELEASE_NOTE really becomes a big problem, someone could
write a wrapper script to manage that.  That seems more sensible than
adding a manually-maintained file.

I'm not really sure if the right solution would be to drop
RELEASE_NOTE for items which are reverted.  If they are reverted
quickly, say because they broke the build, sure, but at some point the
original RELEASE_NOTE and the revert RELEASE_NOTE become distinct bits
of information.

-scott