This is very cool, but I ran into a few problems when I tried to run it:
a:\chrome2\src\chrome>tools\test\smoketests.py --tests=ui

>> You must have your local path of trunk/src/tools/python added to your
PYTHONPATH.<<

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "A:\chrome2\src\chrome\tools\test\smoketests.py", line 32, in
<module>
    import google.httpd_utils
ImportError: No module named google.httpd_utils

hmmm, never needed PYTHONPATH set before.  Can't this script set it itself?
 Setting it manually will fail when I move depot locations etc..  But
anyways, I set it and then

a:\chrome2\src\chrome>set PYTHONPATH=a:\chrome\src\tools\python

a:\chrome2\src\chrome>tools\test\smoketests.py --tests=ui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "A:\chrome2\src\chrome\tools\test\smoketests.py", line 274, in
<module>
    result = main(options, args)
  File "A:\chrome2\src\chrome\tools\test\smoketests.py", line 155, in main
    sys.path.insert(0, _BuildbotScriptPath('slave'))
  File "A:\chrome2\src\chrome\tools\test\smoketests.py", line 84, in
_BuildbotScriptPath
    'scripts', sub_dir)
  File "a:\chrome\src\tools\python\google\path_utils.py", line 72, in
FindUpward
    parent = FindUpwardParent(start_dir, *desired_list)
  File "a:\chrome\src\tools\python\google\path_utils.py", line 55, in
FindUpwardParent
    (desired_path, start_dir))
google.path_utils.PathNotFound: Unable to find tools\buildbot\scripts\slave
above A:\chrome2\src\chrome\tools\test

tools\buildbot isn't in the public tree I think, since I don't find it
here: http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/tools/.  So
external contributors can't use this?  Also, why should this script depend
on the buildbot scripts?  I don't have them so I can't try this out.

Can't we just have a minimal python script that runs ui_tests in parallel?