You could replace the favicon with a spinning clock or something.  It
might also be interesting to provide indicators for high memory usage
(or perhaps if the recent memory growth is high), or IPC issues.

Then again, many users might prefer not to have their tabs attracting
attention needlessly.  I mostly don't care whether a tab is using lots
of CPU.

-scott