On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Jonathan Dixon <j...@chromium.org> wrote:
> This is tangential to the core of your question, but just to check, are
> asserts disabled on linux release builds?

This is a good thing to check!  But it looks like they are.

> There are numerous calls to ASSERT within the templated functions in
> SVGAnimateedProperty so it seems they could easily blow up the binary size
> if the template is instantiated many times.

Eric the SVG master was not surprised this file shows up; he says it
is all templates and is instantiated once per property in SVG.  On the
other hand, he fairly points out that maybe there are other bits to
worry about first.  I was hoping there was some low hanging fruit.  (I
am still suspicious of logging.h.)

I am investigating further more and will post again once I have some
better results.