On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Panayiotis <panayio...@google.com> wrote:
> A plugin is identified by its path in the filesystem. Different paths are
> considered different plugins.

Can you discuss symlinks?  We have to do some weird hacks in this area
-- see webkit/glue/plugins/plugin_list_linux.cc and the call to
AbsolutePath() there.

> Once a plugin is disabled, all subsequent calls to create a plugin instance
> will fail. Similarly for enabling. Pages that have the plugin already loaded
> should still work.

How about if multiple plugins provide the same mime type?  Does
disabling one cause the other to surface?  For example, we currently
prioritize "real" Flash over nspluginwrapper-wrapped Flash, which
means that disabling just the Flash plugin will cause pages that use
Flash to still use Flash but with additional bugs.