On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:38 PM, John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org>wrote:
>>
>>> We disable --single-process and --in-process-plugins on release Google
>>> Chrome builds to avoid the support headache that it causes.  I think we
>>> should do the same for --no-sandbox.
>>

>> There are legit reasons we have asked users to try temporarily disabling
>> the sandbox, more frequently than for those other flags.  I'd prefer to just
>> make the UI turn ugly a la Jeremy's bug.
>>

> It might even make sense to re-enable --single-process and use the same UI
> technique to discourage it.

--single-process is buggy and not well tested, and can cause deadlocks in
some scenarios.

I think only developers should run without the sandbox, as those are the
ones who'd be able to understand the risks in doing so, and are the only
ones who need to test out features like webgl that aren't ready yet.  So I
still think we should disable --no-sandbox in shipping Google Chrome builds,
and if someone needs it, they can use Chromium builds.