You can use the channel changer, as PhistucK points out, to switch and then
use the About box to update, but you can only move forward in time (stable
-> beta -> dev). If you switch to a channel that has a lower version number
than what you have installed (dev -> beta, for example) then it won't
downgrade (until beta catches up to what you have installed). You have to
uninstall to downgrade.