I don't think we can do a browser_test btw, since I believe browser_tests
run in one process, precluding the testing of workers.

As for making NeedsAuth() detect the current state of the login prompt,
that'd be cool, if possible. I don't see any way to do this other than the
current approach (registering an observer for a LoginNotification), though,
and I'm not certain what the implications are of having the automation
observers continue to be registered even after the initial notification is
complete.

So it seems like the safest approach is to roll my own observer for my test.

-atw