Is there any security risks with passing raw ftp listings to the
renderer in case we can't parse them? We already have a check in the
code so that we will only make a data connection to the server we have
the control connection with.

If it's ok to do so, I'd also like to include some message encouraging
the user to submit a bug report like "hey, Chrome FTP listing parser
is not compatible with this site". That would really help with
compatibility. The new listing parser is doing quite well, but I think
it's still not compatible enough to entirely replace the Mozilla code.