On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:48 AM, OwenCM <owencmo...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I've been scouring the groups and can't find the answer anywhere,
> what time scale are we looking at until the dev branch hits m5?

What do you mean by "hits m5"?  Do you mean, the major version stamp gets
changed from 4 to 5?  If so, the timing is kind of irrelevant, because that
alone doesn't mean much.  We could change it today, or next week, or
whenever, as long as (a) version 4 has already branched and (b) version 5
hasn't branched yet.

The best way to figure out what will be in some particular stable release is
to look at whatever branch the beta releases are shipped from, as that
represents the thing that's being stabilized.  On Windows, the last several
beta releases have been on the 249 branch, so that's the best representation
of version 4.

If you're looking for a branch date for version 5, we don't generally
announce those, I don't think.

PK