On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Scott Hess <sh...@google.com> wrote:

> If you try to open a
> relative path and it doesn't work, you go "Oh, right, relative path".

No, actually, what I say every time is "What the heck, why did it try to
open this as a hostname?" and then I laboriously navigate through twenty
folders of hierarchy on my disk inside the browser, and it sucks.

> The bone of contention in the thread is what should be done when you
> didn't mean to open a relative path.

I know.  You do what Firefox does, is my answer.  I don't think Victor's
objections have merit.

The number of users who supply filenames on the command line is small, but
of those users, I think pretty much all would prefer the Firefox method to
our current method, so I see no reason to leave things as they are.  The
only thing that the small userbase affects is the priority of this
implementation, which should be "low".

PK