I'm not using any chromium code, just replicating the idea of the UI in a
different framework for a different kind of application.

Nico, thanks, but I already know Chromium is licensed under BSD. My question
bears on a different level: is the UI layout (not code) somewhat restricted
in any way? I'm no lawyer, nor do I know much about interface licensing.
J. Leclanche / Adys