Hi,

I'm going to start my project based on WebKit API and planning to use
test_shell as a reference implementation. I also want to use DevTools
to allow end-user to debug HTML and especially JavaScript.

Could you please tell how viable is the JS debugger in test_shell/
WebKit API?

As far as I understand, in case of breakpoint V8 debugger stops the
script execution on the whole process. That problem could be easy
reproduced while running Chrome in single-process mode (AFAIR, this
mode is obsolete for modern Chromium browser) - trying to pause script
execution pauses all JS code, including DevTools JS code too, which
causes "deadlock" - script couldn't be resumed anymore. As far as I
understand, that's why Debugger tab was not available in test_shell in
early Chromium builds. But when I tried to use current test_shell
build, I was able to pause JS execution on breakpoint and then resume
JS again. From the other hand, while staying on JS breakpoint not all
parts of DevTools debugger works well - f.e. I couldn't execute JS in
console. Also, as I got, pausing JS in any custom place (I mean, left
button just above watch expressions and call stack) not implemented
yet it all.

So, the main question is - is it possible at all to make DevTools JS
debugger in test_shell to work correctly?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Vadim Ridosh