Hi Jeremy, et al,

Sorry for my super-slow update.
To investigate this issue deeply, this problem may be caused by
font-smoothing since I can get the correct output when I execute
'defaults -currentHost write -g AppleFontSmoothing -int 0' on my mac
book and disable font-smoothing. (I usually set this value to 2
"medium - best for plat panel".)
If I recall correctly, test_shell used to call
SetDefaultsToLayoutTestValues() via
DefTestShellPlatformDelegate::SelectUnifiedTheme() to disable the
font-smoothing while layout tests as WebKit DumpRenderTree does.
Nevertheless, the current test_shell doesn't seems to call the
function any longer. So, I'm wondering whether or not this is an
intentional change.
(It may be a good idea to keep disabling such tests and send the
review request for this change.)

Best regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hb...@chromium.org