I'm working on implementing geolocation, using the Gears code as a basis.
There they used jsoncpp (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsoncpp/) to talk
to the Google Location Service (resolves wifi AP to lat/long),

What is the process for pulling a new dependency like this into Chromium?

Specifically:
- do I need special approvals for adding a new dependency? (FWIW the license
is pretty permissive: http://jsoncpp.sourceforge.net/#_license "The json-cpp
library and this documentation are in Public Domain.")
- Is there a preference over pulling the head revision (#91) vs the 'known
good' revision used in gears (#23)?
- is there security review process to follow? (esp if pulling the head
revision)
- any best practice for integrate its make files (scons based) vs rolling my
own gypi for it?

Aside: does any other sub-project have a desire or solution for
reading/writing JSON from c++?

Cheers!