On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 07:35:41PM -0000, manzikertca wrote:
>Drug based cultures always seem to be unable to compete
>with non drug based ones.To much muddied thinking

The mainstream U.S. culture is based on the drugs alcohol,
fluoride, and tobacco.  Alcohol and fluoride inhibit, and
eventually destroy, the areas of the brain that enable
higher consciousness, empathy, morality, altruism, rational
intention, independent thinking, etc.  (Tobacco is a short-
acting and extremely addictive tranquilizer mixed with a very
potent carcinogen.)

Americans are programmed by their religions and educational
system to believe and obey authority, and are punished for
independent thinking.  The incessant flood of TV and radio
advertising damages our ability to think rationally and
make emotional contact with others.

This is why most Americans don't care that our government
(along with Israel's) perpetrated the 9/11 attacks,
subsequently murdered 2,000,000 people in Afghanistan and
Iraq, and is now poised (with Israel) to murder many millions
more in Iran, using nuclear weapons.

Cannabis and other psychedelics have the opposite effect
on the brain from alcohol and fluoride.  Used with proper
set, setting, and dosage, they can reawaken people's humanity
that has been suppressed by social programming, and enable us
to re-integrate our fractured personalities and recover the
true selves that we lost after childhood ("become as little
children").  They can help us question authority and think
for ourselves.  This is what happened in the 1960s, leading
to major opposition to the Vietnam War.  The murderous
psychopaths who control our government, media, and economy
were astounded and frightened when one of their mass-murder
operations ("wars") was actual stopped by the American people.
That's why the government banned these drugs with very harsh
penalties at that time.

These are the drugs that Kris Millegan and author Joseph Pietri
are talking about.  We would be much better off with easy access
to marijuana and hashish again.  Listen to the music of the
Jefferson Airplane and Starship.  We need that spirit today!