Gunga Din redux. Tanks instead of an elephant, Iraq instead of
colonial India, Iraqi's instead of Thugees.

Memorable yet politically incorrect line by Cary Grant's character -

                 "All you wogs are under arrest"

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

--- In cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com, "Vigilius Haufniensis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13442083,00.html
>
>       UK TROOPS ON HIGH ALERT
>
> British troops in Iraq are on high alert as the crisis over the
rescue of two British soldiers threatens to escalate further.
> Forces used around 10 tanks to break down the walls of Basra jail
to free two service personnel arrested for allegedly firing on Iraqi
policemen.

> Witnesses said about 150 Iraqi prisoners fled the jail as well.
>
> The incident led to a wave of violence with crowds of protesters
surrounding two British armoured vehicles and setting them alight.

> The Ministry of Defence insists the men's release was negotiated.
>
> The city's mayor has described the incident as a "barbaric act of
aggression".

> Earlier an MoD spokesman said: "We can confirm that two military
personnel were detained by Iraqi authorities."

> Photographs showed the unshaven pair in custody, dressed casually
in T-shirts and trousers, and sitting on the floor with their hands
behind their backs.

> One of the men had his head swathed in bandages and appeared to
have bloodstains on his top.

> The other, who apparently had blood smeared on his trousers, had
plasters on his head.

> Nadhim al-Jabari, the Basra provincial council's spokesman, said
the two men were likely to go before an Iraqi court. It was unclear
if they had yet been charged.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/vseplB/TM