On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 23:04 +0100, Ed Vaessen wrote:
> I converted nearly 1000 JVC TOD file to mpg files.
> When trying to import these mpg files in cinelerra CV 2.1, the program
> shows windows that tell that toc files are being made. The toc files are
> put in an appointed .bcast directory. The log shows messages like this:
>
> [mpeg3io_open_file] Error opening file
> '/data/.bcast/data_Kenya_mpegs_PRG007_PRG007MOV04F_mpg.toc': No such file
> or directory
>
> That error message does not seem to matter as the import continues. But
> after a few dozen of these messages, cinelerra simply halts.
> The only way out is to use Ctrl-C to abort the program and start the
> import anew. The production of toc files continues where it stopped and
> after a few dozen, the program stops again.
> This goes on and on and you can imagine what this means when you try to
> import nearly 1000 files.
> Is there a way to solve this problem?
>
> Ed

Ed,
I experienced the same problem and wrote a shell script to convert mpeg
table of contents files from a directory and put them in .bcast.  Here
is a link to that script:
http://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com/2010/01/mpeg-toc-maker.html

Just make sure you change the file extension type at the top of the
script.

scott