On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM, p...@ichthyostega.de <p...@ichthyostega.de>
wrote:

> Thus, I think the foremost question is: is your intention just to fix the
> existing code base at places, or do you intend to re-work it for real
> improvement, thus moving away from the way "upstream" handles things?

I think it is impossible get real improvement and keep at the same
time codebase close to upstream.
I think that I am already too far away with the locking patch.

My first goal is to stabilize Cinelerra (no crashes, no hangups),
speed things up a bit, improve bit GUI (there are
glitches, alogics). Some internals may need rewrite. Cleanup of sources.

Afterwards IT is possible to look at features and decide what to do
with them. For example: must a NLE editor support various
intput devices? Of course it will then be possible to add new features.

Einar