On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:57 AM, renareto <renar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> no one have idea of what is my problem?
>
> TIA
>
> Renato
>

> Hi,
> I'm newbe. I have some minidvd (.vob) file taht last about 20 minutes in
> VLC, but, if I import it in cinelerra, it last just 5 second.
> what I can do?
>
> TIA
>
> Renato

I don't have a solution, or even an idea, but I do have a similar problem
with other various containers and formats.

Sometimes the video will only load a few minutes of an hour or so more
total. The entire video itself will play on all players (mplayer, vlc, WMP),
and I can even load it into avidemux and edit it there.

Other times, none of the video (0 seconds) will load.

My only suggestion might be to run cinelerra from a console window, and see
if any messages are displayed - especially from the underlying codec
libraries. If no one here can help with those, try the mplayer/ffmpeg
mailing list. They can at least explain what the messages mean.

I do have one gripe, though. With all due respect for a really great
application, it is not very robust. Aside from the problems mentioned above,
most of the times I have used cinelerra, I have gotten many continuous
messages about file read errors - especially with corrupted frames;  it
easily crashes, as well as barfs up core dumps.

This is not a flame, just a simple critique from observations.

ken