Hi Franco

Unfortunately you wont have too many choices.
Best is to set to 4:3 and leave some black borders on top.
However depending on the original size of the frames you can fit them in
a 1280*720 for bluray authoring.
It leaves black borders on each side but unless you are filming with
some Kowa 2X or so, you wont escape it.
I started a Super8mm group on Vimeo a year ago, please join us, I think
I am the ony one doing 8 and 16 with cinelerra. :'(

http://vimeo.com/groups/6080

Cheers
Edouard