On 23/03/12 11:51, Einar Rünkaru wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Miroslav Rovis <m.ro...@inet.hr> wrote:
>>
>> On 22/03/12 17:38, Einar Rünkaru wrote:
>>> Hi Miroslav, can you do a simple test? Rename your $HOME/.bcast
>>> directory to something else. Then load your media file (not
>>> project!) and try to play it. Do you
>> hear sound?
>>> If you do not hear sound, post the output of 'aplay -l' and 'aplay
>>> -L'
>> here.
>> With the previous aac file, I don't remember, maybe I issued  'aplay
>> - -l' and 'aplay -L' after closing Cinelerra...
> Before or after is not important. These commands show configured audio
> devices.
>
>>> What type of audio you try to play in Cinelerra? Einar
>> Here's news that show how something I lack, to put it mildly, because
>> in all this time I never rememebered to try and play a different audio
>> codecs than aac in Cinelerra.
>>
>> I only now tried to play:
>>
>> miro@at8-g250-c $ midentify
>> call_out_2012.03.16-17.01.50_0989001370_S.wav
>> ID_AUDIO_ID=0
>> ID_FILENAME=call_out_2012.03.16-17.01.50_0989001370_S.wav
>> ID_DEMUXER=audio
>> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=1
>> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=1536000
>> ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
>> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
>> ID_START_TIME=0.00
>> ID_LENGTH=892.00
>> ID_SEEKABLE=1
>> ID_CHAPTERS=0
>> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=1536000
>> ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
>> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
>> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=pcm
>> ID_EXIT=EOF
>> miro@at8-g250-c $
>>
>> and it played just fine.
>> It is very likely it would have played just fine a week ago as well.
>> Wish I had elephants ears so I could cover my face... This is really a
>> shame.
>> What do I do with my honesty, sincerity and good intentions, and
>> little intelligence, when I can't remember simple logical things to do?
> So Cinelerra failed silently to decode the audio. It happens. There is
> quite a few media formats that Cinelerra can decode. And it not always
> gives error messages while it fails.
>
> Seems this problem is solved. Rename your .bcast back - this contains
> all settings of Cinelerra. There is no more settings anywhere else.
>
> Einar
> (I am in mid-fifties too)

Yes, but it's you who remembered to go and see what kind a file it was
that I was trying to play.
And you spent a fraction of my time with this issue...
And I waked and slept with this all these days...
And I was completely convinced that I wasn't able to do the editing that
was urgent to me back than because of this... while it was there for the
doing all that time!
Merciful God!
But I'm not crushed with this. I can laugh at it, because it is also
very funny!
Anyway, thanks for Cinelerra to all you of guys!
I hope I will be useful truly to your project which I very much like and
respect, some other time.
Miroslav Rovis
(And by the way, pulseaudio is lso beginning to mostly work fine
generally on my systems.)