xfs on a raid0 is great!
I could capture uncompressed HD with the blackmagic card easily.
For workloads without too much sequential data reads (not our case),
flashcash is great (just buy an ssd and patch the kernel):
https://github.com/facebook/flashcache

I'm using cinelerra today and always I use it I remember how great it is!