On Tuesday 01 June 2010 08:53:30 pm Garry wrote:

> I was wondering, what real life performance can one
>  expect from an NPE G1, considering mostly vanilla IP
>  routing/forwarding? (no ACLs, no VPNs, running CEF and
>  MPLS VRFs, OSPF/iBGP for routing protocol, and utilizing
>  the integrated Gbit interfaces as well as 1-2 STM1 PAs
>  on the 7200 VXR chassis)

I've seen an NPE-G1 configured with just IP addresses and 2
BGP peers (2 prefixes in each, none out), no ACL's, no
VPN's, no QoS - basically, real vanilla.

It was forwarding ~920Mbps in total (I know, weird, huh)
broken down as 3x interfaces each doing a little over
300Mbps.

As a real serving edge node, I haven't been able to get more
than 500Mbps total out of it.

Cheers,

Mark.