Zsombor explained it pretty well but if you want more detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk827/tk831/technologies_white_paper09186a00800a62d9.shtml#express

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson