Hi,

Any one ever came across tools to do this, apart from the ones on offer by
SolSoft. Any open source out there yet ?

What's every one up to? I am here in Sydney looking at Disaster Recovery
situations, and moving to a PIX environment. Not much new happening, got
less Cisco based work to do, and more Sys Admin work, mostly Solaris which
is quite interesting all the same. One thing that I wish to implement, is
traffic shaping. Has any one got an idea if Selective Packet Discard, is
turned on by default on various IOS versions 12.2(2). I have had 2 instances
this month of a site going down due to a flood of traffic going through its
tiny 256k link into the main site.

Would also, love to traffic shape those annoying people that I work with
down to a crawl on the network (local lan). Has any one done this before.

Thanks for your time. What are you people doing, anything new and exciting ?

John
Sydney Australia

the system manager.

www.solution6.com