If you check Cisco's website, you'll see that the old Foundation exam and
both the CCNP recert and the CCDP recert all go offline on September 7th.
The new test (642-891) will replace them and comes online on August 7th.

The current CCNP and CCDP recerts will no longer be offered after September
7th. Just the Composite.

Here's the notice:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/learning_certification_program_updates.html

Karen

On 7/9/2003 at 11:22 PM Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:

>Amazing wrote:
>>
>> I just did the CCNP recet test two weeks ago and passed with
>> not too much
>> studying -- used boson test to see my weak areas and just
>> brushed up on
>> those areas -- hint -- you can use the same study materials you
>> used three
>> years ago -- nothing has changed.
>
>I wouldn't recommend just using the same material as 3 years ago. There are
>some new topics, like IS-IS for Routing and multilayer switching for
>Switching. Support and Remote Access seemed to be pretty similar, but those
>other two were pretty different from 3 years ago, at least in my test. I
>found it to be a two-Tums-package test for sure, depsite a good score in
>the
>end.
>

>> as to the answer to your questions, my experience has been that
>> you should
>> go directly to cisco with these questions so you have a
>
>I defintely agree there. Go to Cisco. Even if we give you an answer, the
>Authoritative Bit will not be set. :-) That won't stop me though from
>adding
>a few more comments below....
>
>> documented answer
>> when they change their mind later on ;-)

>> ""John Cianfarani""  wrote in message
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> > I have to recert my CCNP by the 21st of this month.  (yeah I
>> know I left
>> > it late, but I was busy upgrading my CSS1 to CCSP).
>> >
>> > I notice they have a new test coming out ( 642-891 ) Called
>> Composite
>> > which is based on BSCI and BCMSN, which will also let you
>> recert your
>> > CCNP and CCDP with at the same time.  Now that test doesn't
>> come out
>> > until Aug 7th.  Anyone know if there is still a Beta of this
>> exam
>> > available to write?
>
>I don't think they ever did a beta for that new composite exam that
>suddenly
>popped up? Maybe it will still come out?
>
>>Or if Writing BSCI / BCMSN is equivalent?
>
>I doubt you can just write BSCI and BCMSN to get recertified.
>

>> > Also anyone know a way extended you recert date maybe by
>> writing a
>> > current CCNP exam or something or am I just gonna have to
>> buckle down
>> > and write the 640-851 CCNP Recert exam?
>
>Just do it. It's not that painful. :-) And I think it's your only option.
>Ask Cisco and check your tracking info to be sure. Good luck!
>
>Priscilla
>

>> > Thanks!
>> > John
A rose by any other name is Cisco specific terminology...