George,

As someone who has been interviewing alot of candidates recently, I agree
with Peter's point completely.  Everyone I've ever interviewed with CCIE
written on their resume has been a waste of my time, and most of them
haven't done anything more to pursue the lab.  When I see that, it is a big
flashing red light that says grill this guy to make sure he knows what he
claims too, because they always go on to list every networking acronym and
buzz word (not to say this is you or anything, just my experience).  Out of
12 or so interviews, I ended up hiring a guy with no Cisco certs because he
could answer the techical questions regarding the technologies on his
resume.  If you have other Cisco certs on your resume, at some point in the
interview the question of pursuing the CCIE will come up.

And not that the written doesn't say something about a candidate, but almost
anyone can read the books and regurgitate them on a multiple choice exam.
The written is a qualification exam, nothing more.

Chris Harshman
Sr. Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman IT