Lets say we have host  A 22.12.12.12 and host B 99.99.99.99. Host B is a
server listening on port 3055. Host A connects to the server B and sends
data.  Now neither host A or B send anything to each other for 1 hour. Is
the connection still there? Is there a timeout for the connection? I do not
see anything in the RFC's about keepalives for TCP connections, so how would
Host B know the difference between host A not sneding data for a long time
or host A crashes?
If I unplug the power on host A while the TCP connection is up and leave it
unplugged for a week and will the server still have the the connection in
its tables when I do a netstat -an? I doubt it, so I figure the server must
have its own timeout on idle connections?

Anyone known any real values for these timeouts for various OS's?

Thanks.