Brad Ellis wrote:

> Yup, use an access list filtering IPs on port 25 (only allow
> yours through)

Yes, but, other SMTP servers for legitimate reasons are also going to be
opening TCP sessions to port 25 because they have e-mail to send to your
users. It's not as easy as it sounds.

I guess it depends on the ISP's network architecture too. We have a
challenge where I work in that our users are on cable modems that connect to
the cable provider (which isn't technically us). Their e-mail requests come
into our network on the same interface that all Internet traffic comes in on.

Priscilla