I would say place an internal router behind the pix so I can route
Your internal network, or vlans's that's the way we design it here
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Jeffrey Reed
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PIX Design Considerations [7:48979]

Im still pretty green with PIX in general and was talking today about
introducing a PIX into an existing network. The customer has a router
(not
controlled by them) that has three public class C subnets defined. They
are
not using VLANs, so the router has an interface and two sub-interfaces
going
into a switches network. We want to put the PIX in between the outside
router and the LAN. I know this group has said several times the PIX is
not
a router. Do I need to have another router between the PIX and the LAN
perform routing between subnets? I assume the PIX will not facilitate
routing between the internal subnets. Can you define multiple interfaces
on
the internal interface of the PIX if we didnt need to route between the
internal VLANs?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jeffrey Reed
Classic Networking, Inc.