Hi,

If you make an overpayment, it does show the amount left over.

Do you have to apply the leftover amount right then to another invoice?
If you close the payment window, then generate another invoice, the
program does not automatically apply the leftover amount to the new
invoice. And if you enter a new payment, the payment screen "forgets"
about the leftover payment amount.

I think the billing screen should include a field for customer balance,
which should be computed and updated when each payment or invoice is
entered. No additional monies should go towards payment of an invoice
over and above what the invoice total is. Any leftovers should go in the
credit balance field. If there is a credit balance, then entering a new
invoice should apply the credit balance first.

If you think this is a good idea, and would like help developing this, I
would be happy to contribute.

Rich C.