Dear Christopher:
 I currently am using twisted brass strings from Bruce Brook. They are
working quite well and sound good, and I've had them on my bandora for
quite some time without breakage. Take a look at this Web site.
Cheers,
Jim

                      Brad McEwen

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Christopher Davies
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, cittern@cs.dartmouth.edu
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  [CITTERN] Re: bandora
strings
                      01/20/2008 08:42

                      PM

Hi:

  Wow.  I just received this email today. Today being Janurary 20th!  Even
the Post Offices don't take this long to send a message!

  Brad

Christopher Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  hello all,
can anyone advise me regarding best choice for the lower courses strings
for a bandora with mensure of 600/630. I'm ok with the upper 4 (brass to
twisted brass ranging from .14 thou to 22.5 thou), and the 5th course works
the .32 thou twisted brass is a little stiff and awkward. Not sure what to
do for the 6th and 7th courses.
Any suggestions, even in the realm of historical conjecture, for strings
(overwound?). Any specific brands, types, guage suggestions would be
appreciated.
thanks
christopher