From: Doc Rossi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 April 2008 12:06
To: cittern list
Subject: [CITTERN] memorization

I was wondering whether anyone has any strategies for memorizing pieces.

In the last few years I've had no luck at all memorizing music and
really can't play without the tab in front of me any more.  I think
part of it might be age (although I'm not that old) and part of it is
that I'm playing more complex arrangements, but it never used to be so
difficult for me to remember music.  Some years ago I memorized both
parts of the JC Bach sonata for guitar and violin without actually
making a conscious effort to do so - it just happened. I'd like to
solve this and would appreciate hearing what any of you do to memorize
music.

Thanks,

Doc