At 12:14 PM 5/22/2008, Rob MacKillop wrote:
>So what do we think of the new 'social network' sites? There is one for
>lute, one for cittern and one for early guitars/vihuelas.
>
>Some have written to me saying they are worried that this list might stop
>running, but I don't agree.

Funny -- I meant to respond to this one, but I've been spending too
much time on the "social network" site! I also noticed that I have
not gotten any mail from the cittern list since Rob's post over a week ago...

For those who haven't joined yet, I did want to pitch in my 2 cents.
I have found the sites to be *immensely* helpful for sharing sound
and image files, though I am less excited about the forums which are
sometimes cumbersome to follow (and slow to get replies). I believe
this list (and others like it) will continue to be *the* place for
academic discussions (though it is useful in the discussion forums to
be able to post images, etc.).

I'm glad we have both. I have also enjoyed perusing others' pages to
put a face with a name, see images of instruments, and hear some very
fine playing. Thank you to those who have set these pages up!

-Andrew