Andrew Rutherford wrote:
   Dear Cittern Bunch,
   A while back I put up a notice about a  tablature "Choralbuch" in the
   Moravian archives in Bethlehem, PA.  It's for an instrument tuned
   nominally GCEgbe.
    I'm trying to find out how much music there is for citterns in this
   tuning.  All I know of is the Edvard Storm MS, and someone mentioned an
   "Evangelische Choralbuch" by JW Bunswold from 1765.

The Bunsold tablature is not for a cittern tuned GCEgbe but for a fully chordal tuning with gceg at the top and loads of basses descending diatonically. I'm sure I've read somwehere about Bell cittern MSS but I can't remember where. I hope you can find out some and tell us.

   I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
   Thanks!  andy r