> From: Stuart Walsh <s.wa...@ntlworld.com>

> Monica Hall has just sent a message to the lute list about the RAM, Robert
> Spencer collection. There are some cittern and English guitar related
> items:

> And
> some illustrations, new to me,
> anyway:

> http://www.ram.ac.uk/emuweb/objects/common/webmedia.php?irn=1015&reftable=ecatalogue&refirn=2181

This one is apparently by Robert Dington, fashion plate drawing for the month
of February.

 I just got the book "Music and Society, the politics of composition,
performance and reception" which has this image as well as another one
featuring an english guitar:
Colonel James Clitherow and his Wife, at Boston House, Brentford, Middlesex (by
Arthur Devis), the wife sitting under a tree playing the english guitar with
the husband standing next to her.

Cheers,
Stelios