Nice to hear someone else playing Ritter!  I think his music is
interesting, but I also think you're short
changing Schumann and Straube.  There is actually quite a bit of writing
that accompanies itself even if, on
paper, it doesn't appear so.  Have a play through Schumann's Lesson XII and
I think you'll see what I mean.
The major section of Lesson II is another example, while the minor section
is purely melodic.  I haven't
played any Oswald in a while, but if memory serves, a lot of his tunes
sound "complete" without an obvious
two-voice texture.  It isn't a Bach violin solo, but it does make good use
of the cetra's idiomatic
characteristics.

Thanks for posting the video -

Doc