On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Matthias Egger <maeg...@ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Since about two hours we get the following Errors while updating with
> freshclam:
>
> ClamAV update process started at Thu Feb 14 16:51:42 2013
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 54, sigs: 1044387, f-level: 60, builder:
> sven)
> WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-16682.cdiff from db.de.clamav.net
> WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-16682.cdiff from db.de.clamav.net
> WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-16682.cdiff from db.de.clamav.net
> WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd
> WARNING: Can't download daily.cvd from db.de.clamav.net
> Trying again in 5 secs...
>
> I also tried to connect to "db.ch.clamav.net" and "db.us.clamav.net" the
> response ist mostly the same. The difference is, that the US servers also
> spit out something like:
>
> WARNING: getfile: daily-16682.cdiff not found on remote server (IP:
> 168.143.19.95)
>
> Is there a missing file on the mirrors?

In preparation for the 0.98 release, we needed to push out a new database
file. We couldn't do this by pushing a cdiff out, so the 16682 daily.cvd
update does not have a corresponding cdiff. Clients will be downloading the
full daily.cvd for 16682.

In short: there is no cdiff for the 16682 daily.cvd update.