Mark Wielaard wrote:

> I have read the online 1.4 specs for java.nio and thought about how to
> implement it but I have done no actual work. We will get it in time, but
> nobody is actively working on it at the moment.

For me, most tricky parts of nio is Buffer. You have to extend JNI to
enable them, make some special tricks in jvm to allow them to work with
acceptable speed.

Do you think that Buffers should be a part of classpath ? Or should they
be left for jvm implementors ? There is quite a lot of code there - all
kinds of wrapper classes, splitting, views etc. But on the other hand,
core get/set functions have to be really optimized for specific jvm...

Any ideas ?

Artur