Hi Casey,

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 13:00 -0800, Casey Marshall wrote:
> It's just that crypto/ssl is a large part of
> Classpath now, so it makes sense that it have it's own component (and
> bugs!).

You got it! There is a new 'crypto' component for the 'classpath'
product now with you as default owner. But feel free to reassign any
bugs reported against it to others after initial analysis.

> > And maybe a "security" keyword that describes
> > direct security issues?
> >
> > For security right now we have a meta-bug which depends on all the
> > security issues -- PR 13603.  This is a bit weird since this
> > predates classpath using bugzilla, and is filed against gcj.
> >
> > I don't know the pros and cons of meta-bugs versus keywords.  I'm
> > fine with whatever works.

Maybe Andrew (one of the gcc bug-masters) can advise us on when to add a
new keyword and when to use meta-bugs. How do other projects handle
security issues/bug reports in their issue trackers?

Cheers,

Mark